We’re delighted to be partnering with Andréa’s Protein Cakery, run by Andréa Marchese. Her delicious cake, cookie and frosting mixes are the perfect addition to a flexible dieting lifestyle – we all know that cake by itself doesn’t stop you losing weight, but sometimes you want a sweet treat without wiping out your calorie budget for the day. That’s where Andréa comes in. Not only are her products high protein and low calorie, but they’re also all-natural, gluten-free, and free from refined sugars. They offer egg-free options, and use lecithin-free protein powders so the products are soy-free, as well!
Andrea will be writing regularly for our blog and sharing some of her incredible recipes for you. Here’s a favorite of ours for the cold winter months – Hot chocolate protein cookie cups!
Makes 6 cookie cups
Macros per cookie cup:
Calories: 106 kcal | Protein: 6 g | Carbs: 9 g (3 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 3 g erythritol) | Fat: 7 g |
What you need:
- One packet Double Chocolate Protein Cookie Mix (63g)
- 48g almond butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- A few mini pretzels for the mug handles
- One packet Toasted Marshmallow Sugar-Free Frosting Mix (47g)
- 1 tablespoon milk, any kind (we used unsweetened vanilla almond)
- 48g palm shortening (optional, included in macros)
- Mini-muffin pan
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Piping bag or ziplock bag
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Mix together cookie mix, almond butter, and water.
- Spray mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Spoon cookie batter into 6 mini-muffin cavities.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes, just until puffed and firm.
- Meanwhile, break the mini-pretzels and set aside 6 pieces for mug handles.
- Remove cookie cups from oven and let cool enough to touch.
- Remove cookie cups from pan and while they are still warm, insert the pretzel handles.
- Prepare Toasted Marshmallow Sugar-Free Frosting Mix as instructed on the package (add milk and palm shortening).
- Spoon frosting into a piping bag or ziplock bag. Cut off the tip, and push the frosting toward it.
- Once the cookie cups are fully cool, pipe mini-marshmallows on top.
- Enjoy! Store leftovers refrigerated.