We’re delighted to be partnering with Andréa’s Protein Cakery, run by Andréa Marchese. Her delicious cake, cookie and frosting mixes are the perfect addition to a flexible dieting lifestyle – we all know that cake by itself doesn’t stop you losing weight, but sometimes you want a sweet treat without wiping out your calorie budget for the day. That’s where Andréa comes in. Not only are her products high protein and low calorie, but they’re also all-natural, gluten-free, and free from refined sugars. They offer egg-free options, and use lecithin-free protein powders so the products are soy-free, as well!
Makes 12 pieces
Macros per piece:
Calories: 121 kcal | Protein: 11 g | Carbs: 6 g (3 g fiber, 1 g sugar) | Fat: 7 g |
What you need:
- 192g Low-Carb Protein Bread Mix (2 mini loaf packets)
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 2 cups (226g) Low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ – 1 teaspoon (1.5 – 3g) garlic powder
- 1 – 2 teaspoons (0.75-1g) dried parsley
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Loaf pan
- Aluminum foil
- Sheet pan
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Spray loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine bread mix and water, and mix well.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for 30-34 minutes, until firm and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven, and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Remove bread from loaf pan, and slice in half lengthwise (like you would a loaf of Italian bread, to make garlic bread) and place on a foil-lined sheet pan.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, then top with cheese, then sprinkle the parsley.
- Bake at 450F for 8 minutes.
- Then turn the oven to broil, and leave for about 1 minute more.
- Remove from oven, slice into 12 pieces, and enjoy!
This crowd-pleasing recipe can be prepared ahead of time (steps 1-9), then cover and refrigerate. Bake and broil just before serving! (You might need to add 1-2 minutes to the bake time since it was cold in the refrigerator.)