Despite there being more information available to mankind than in any other time in history, there is still a lot of confusion about what people should actually do to successfully lose weight
Do they need to follow a specific diet?
Do they need to follow a 90 day workout challenge?
In fact…most of us have no idea what it is it going to take you to be successful in a weight loss journey? Like… actually.
Well, here is what it takes, and more importantly, doesn’t take to actually lose weight.
Here is what it takes:
- Walk as often as you can.
- Get to the gym a few times a week. 2-4 times is probably enough for most people.
- Developing solid habits around food choices and opt for more nutrient-dense whole foods as often as possible.
- Track your calories and macros for at least one extended period in your life. It will teach you a lot about food in our modern environment.
- Minimize the alcohol as much as possible.
- Don’t let bad days turn into bad weeks, months, or years.
Here is what it doesn’t take:
- You don’t have to run marathons, triathlons, compete in figure competitions, or complete extreme tasks. You can if you want… but you don’t have to.
- Train like a maniac…. you don’t have to go to the gym and workout everyday for 90 minutes. If you love the gym and that is your thing… then definitely you can do that. I’ve done that in my life and it was great. But it is not a requirement.
- Obsessive ideas about food. Your diet does not have to be perfect. You don’t have to omit food groups.
- Having a mindset of chasing perfection and then going off the rails when a bad day comes.
- Viewing weight loss goals as an all-or-nothing endeavor. Every step in the right direction is meaningful.