INTRODUCING THE FIRST CLIENT FOCUSED NUTRITION EDUCATION COURSE
There are countless nutrition certification courses geared toward the fitness professional. For the first time, we are providing a client-focused nutrition education course.
YOUR COURSE SYLLABUS
- Review the course schedule
- Learn how best to take the course
- Learn how the learning management system for the course works
- Review energy balance in the context of body weight.
- Understanding the role of food in energy balance.
- Understanding the role of basal metabolic rate, exercise and non-exercise physical activity in energy expenditure.
- Review the major macronutrients.
- Understanding the details of each macronutrient.
- Understand what science has taught us about macronutrients and weight loss.
- Develop a working understanding of the sources of different macronutrients.
- Review the major micronutrients.
- Understanding the details of each micronutrient.
- Understand what science has taught us about micronutrients and weight loss.
- Review deficiencies, prevalences of deficiencies, and how to avoid them.
- Develop a working understanding of the sources of different micronutrients.
- Understand the role of supplements in the diet
- Learn supplements are regulated.
- Develop working knowledge of how supplements aid in weight loss.
- Review the top 5 supplements for performance enhancing supplements.
- Develop an understanding of the major principles of popular diets, as well as the pros and cons of popular diets, and what diets might fit your life.
- Understand how the ketogenic diet works.
- Learn the different types and potential benefits of intermittent fasting.
- Understand how dairy, gluten, and artificial sweeteners affect weight loss.
- Develop an understanding of the scientific basis of the carnivore diet.