Introducing our twist on the classic French Toast for a macro-friendly and full-of-flavor breakfast option. This recipe is quick and easy with just four core ingredients; low cal bread, egg, unsweetened almond milk, and a sprinkling of sweet cinnamon to help maintain those macros! Discover more recipes like this in our cookbook!
Recipe for Macro-Friendly French Toast
- Low Fat
- High Protein
- 2 slices (45g) low cal bread (Sara Lee Delightful used)
- 1 egg – 1/4c (60ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat a griddle or nonstick skillet.
- Mix together the egg and almond milk. Soak the bread on both sides and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Fry both sides for ~ 2 mins each or until crisp. Only flip once.
You can use just egg whites to reduce the fat, but the flavor is SO much better with the whole egg!