Our Protein Bread Pudding is a great macro-friendly, protein packed breakfast option. Combining low-cal bread with egg whites, sugar-free syrup and pudding mix, almond milk, flavorsome cinnamon or nutmeg, and Casein. Top with optional chopped nuts and raisins for a delicious and satisfying start to your day! Discover more tasty and nutritious recipes in our cookbook!
Want to see more macro-friendly recipes like these? Sign up below and we’ll send you our FREE cookbook!
Recipe for Protein Bread Pudding
- Low Fat
- High Protein
- 2 slices (45g) low cal bread
- 2 egg whites (92g)
- 1 tbsp sugar free syrup
- 1/2c (120ml) almond milk
- 4g sugar free pudding mix
- 10g Casein
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon/nutmeg
- Optional: chopped nuts, raisins (not counted in Calories)
- Cut the bread into 1” cubes, soak with the egg whites and syrup in a shallow bowl. Sprinkle with cinnamon/nutmeg and let it sit while you make the pudding.
- Whisk together the almond milk, pudding mix, and casein.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (175°C), transfer the soaked bread to a small cast iron skillet or greased baking dish.
- Add about half of the pudding mixture to the bread, gently stir, then bake for ~ 15 minutes. Refrigerate the remaining pudding.
- Add any nuts, raisins, and the rest of the pudding mixture and bake for another ~ 5 mins.