Introducing our Sweet Potato Hasherole – a delicious and nutritious lunch option loaded with protein. Made with fiber-rich sweet potato, diced bell pepper, and onion for a hash brown base, layered with protein-rich lean ground beef and a golden cracked egg center. Seasoned with zesty taco seasoning for a burst of flavor and topped with Mexican shredded cheese, this recipe is a taste sensation and will help you hit your nutritional goals! Discover more recipes like this in our cookbook!
Want to see more macro-friendly recipes like these? Sign up below and we’ll send you our FREE cookbook!
Recipe for High Protein Sweet Potato Hasherole
- High Fiber
- High Protein
- 75g sweet potato, cubed
- 84g lean ground beef
- Taco seasoning
- 1 egg
- 14g 2% Mexican shredded cheese
- 5g each diced bell pepper & onion
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C), grease a small baking dish or cast iron skillet, and set aside.
- Brown the sweet potato and peppers/onion in a separate skillet. Place them in the cast iron skillet and bake while you do the next step.
- Season and brown the meat. Layer on top of the hash browns.
- Crack the egg in the center, and sprinkle cheese. – Bake for ~ 10 mins or until the egg is your desired level of doneness (or just broil for a couple of minutes)
- Top with a choice of salsa, guacamole, or sour cream (not included in Calories)