Try our delicious Chocolate Brownies for a protein-rich dessert option. Made with simple ingredients, these fudgy brownies combine the rich flavor of chocolate with the goodness of protein for a healthy take on this popular sweet treat. Discover more recipes like this in our cookbook!
Want to see more macro-friendly recipes like these? Sign up below and we’ll send you our FREE cookbook!
Recipe for Protein Chocolate Brownies
- Low Fat
- Low Calorie
- High Protein
- 30g self rising four
- 15g chocolate whey
- 10g cocoa powder
- 1/4c 0 Calorie granulated sweetener
- 120g pumpkin puree
- 30ml milk (Fairlife nonfat used)
- 14g light butter (melted)
- 10g chocolate whey
- 5g cocoa powder
- 15ml milk
- 1 tbsp (15ml) sugar free chocolate syrup
- 14g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C), grease a square baking dish or line with parchment paper. A mini 5” square pan was used, if you use a standard 9” then your brownies will be a bit thinner and you’ll want to shorten the bake time.
- Mix all the dry base ingredients together to avoid clumping, then add the wet and stir until smooth. Add the batter to your baking dish.
- Place in the oven for 2-3 mins while you prepare the topping.
- Stir together all the topping ingredients except the chocolate chips. You want it thin but not runny, so add the milk slowly. Pour the mixture on top of the brownie batter.
- Add the chocolate chips on top. Press a few of them down further into the batter.
- Bake for another ~ 12 mins. For a fudgy brownie, using a toothpick you’ll want it to come out with some chocolate on it but NOT runny. Let it firm up a bit as it cools. It’s better to under-bake and have to bake a bit longer, than to over-bake and dry it out.