Introducing our Protein Angel Food Cake – a low-in-fat and utterly divine dessert option! Made with protein-rich whey and whisked egg whites, cream of tartar, a little sweetener, and smooth vanilla extract for flavor, this cake is incredibly light and fluffy. Topped with either a refreshing Greek yogurt frosting, fresh fruit, syrup or chocolate chips, this cake will satisfy your sweet tooth without compromising your macros. Discover more recipes like this in our cookbook!
Want to see more macro-friendly recipes like these? Sign up below and we’ll send you our FREE cookbook!
Recipe for Protein Angel Food Cake
- Low Fat
- Low Carb
- High Protein
- 4 egg whites (184g carton)
- 12g whey
- 1 tsp cream of tartar OR lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp sweetener to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C), grease a 9” round cake pan.
- Using a large bowl and mixer on the highest speed, mix the egg whites and cream of tartar/lemon juice for ~ 5 minutes OR until stiff peaks form.
- Very slowly mix in the whey, extract, and sweetener. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- Fold the mixture into the cake pan and bake for 20 mins.
*The cake will cave in a bit as it cools, this recipe is pretty versatile and will take on whatever flavor you put into it.
Topping ideas (calories not included):
- Greek yogurt as frosting
- Any fruit
- Crushed cereal
- Chocolate chips (you can even fold them in before baking)