Our low-fat take on the Monte Cristo sandwich is the ideal lunch option if you are craving something slightly sweet but savory, and extremely delicious! This sandwich is next-level and won’t derail your macros. Discover more recipes like this in our cookbook!
Want to see more macro-friendly recipes like these? Sign up below and we’ll send you our FREE cookbook!
Recipe for Low-Fat Monte Cristo
- Low Fat
- High Protein
- 2 slices low cal bread (Sara Lee Delightful used)
- 1 wedge Laughing Cow cheese
- 1 tbsp sugar-free jam
- 5g light Mayo
- 5g dijon mustard
- 56g sliced ham
- 1 egg
- Spread the cheese on one slice of bread, then spread the mayo and mustard over it.
- Spread the jam on the other slice.
- In a skillet, cook the ham for a min or so on each side, just until slightly crisp. Put the meat on the bread and assemble the sandwich.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg and put the sandwich in. Coat both sides in egg.
- Fry the sandwich until golden and crisp.
*Optional: dust with powdered sugar and serve with syrup for dipping. (not included in Calories)