Our macro-friendly take on the delicious Philly Cheesesteak sandwich is a great high-protein lunch option! Deli-sliced roast beef with sautéed green bell peppers or onions, drizzled with a light provolone cheese sauce and stuffed into a wholemeal pita, this tasty recipe feels like a real treat without compromising your macros. Discover more recipes like this in our cookbook!
Want to see more macro-friendly recipes like these? Sign up below and we’ll send you our FREE cookbook!
Recipe for Philly Cheesesteak Pita
- High Protein
- 1 pita pocket (Orowheat brand used)
- 56g deli sliced roast beef
- 25g green bell pepper/onions
- 1 slice of provolone
- 1/2 tbsp (7g) light butter
- In a skillet, sauté the peppers and onions until browned (you can add a splash of broth to the pan for some flavor and moisture).
- Add in the sliced meat until browned slightly.
- For the cheese sauce, melt together the cheese and butter.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the meat and peppers, and stuff the pita.