If you’re someone who’s committed to their fitness and nutrition goals, eating out at fast food joints can be a real challenge. But counting macros is all about flexibility so don’t let that stop you from enjoying the occasional fast food meal. In this article, we’ll explore some of the most macro-friendly fast food options that will help you stay on track with your diet.
We’ll show you how you can still indulge in a quick and convenient meal without sacrificing your macros. Whether you’re looking for high protein options, low carb choices, or just trying to keep your calories in check, we’ve got you covered. So, let’s dive in and discover the best fast food options for your macros.
Let’s take a look at some of the most macro-friendly fast food options out there. McDonald’s is known for its burgers and fries, but did you know that they also have some surprisingly healthy options? For example:
- Filet-O-Fish Sandwich (390 calories, 16g protein, 19g fat, 39g carbohydrates)
- Egg McMuffin (with ham and cheese) (310 calories, 17g protein, 13g fat, 30g carbohydrates)
- Sausage and Egg Burrito: (310 calories, 13g protein, 17g fat, 25g carbohydrates)
- McDouble Cheeseburger: (400 calories, 22g protein, 20g fat, 33g carbohydrates)
These options all have a decent amount of protein and are lower in calories compared to some of the other menu items. Of course, it’s always important to consider the ingredients and cooking methods used, as well as portion sizes. But with these options, you can enjoy a satisfying meal without completely derailing your macros.
If you’re looking for macro-friendly fast food options, Burger King might not be the first place that comes to mind. However, with a little bit of menu savvy, you can find some decent options that fit within your macros. While it’s true that many items on the menu are high in calories, fat, and sodium, there are still some choices that can provide a good balance of protein, carbs, and healthy fats. Let’s take a look at some of the best options at Burger King for those who are watching their macros.
- Whopper Jr. sandwich: 335 calories, 17g protein, 30g carbs, 18g fat
- Spicy Chicken Jr.: 380 calories, 12g protein, 2g carbs, 19g fat
- Chicken Garden Salad (without dressing or croutons): 550 calories, 36g protein, 81g carbs, 29g fat
Chick-fil-A is a popular fast food chain known for their chicken sandwiches and nuggets. While fast food is often associated with unhealthy options, Chick-fil-A actually offers some macro-friendly options that can fit into a healthy diet. By choosing the right menu items and being mindful of portion sizes, you can enjoy a satisfying meal while still meeting your macro goals.
Here are some macro-friendly options to consider at Chick-fil-A:
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich: 390 calories, 12g fat, 28g protein, 44g carbs
- 12-Count Grilled Chicken Nuggets: 200 calories, 4.5g fat, 25g protein, 11g carbs
- Kale Crunch Side: 170 calories, 12g fat, 4g protein, 13g carbs
- Chicken Tortilla Soup: 340 calories, 10g fat, 23g protein, 38g carbs
- Fruit Cup: 60 calories, 0g fat, 1g protein, 15g carbs
As with any fast food chain, it’s important to be mindful of portion sizes and be aware of added sugars and fats in certain menu items. By making informed choices and tracking your macros, you can still enjoy fast food while maintaining a healthy diet.
Need some more macro-friendly recipes in your life? Sign up below and we’ll send you our FREE cookbook!
KFC, or Kentucky Fried Chicken, is known for their fried chicken, but they also offer some macro-friendly options. While their menu is generally higher in calories and fat than some other fast food chains, there are still some options that can fit into a balanced diet. When ordering at KFC, opt for grilled chicken instead of the fried options, and pair it with a side of green beans or corn on the cob for some fiber and nutrients. Here are some macro-friendly options to consider:
- Kentucky Grilled Chicken Breast (210 calories, 7g fat, 38g protein)
- Green Beans (25 calories, 0g fat, 1g protein, 2g fiber, 5g carbs)
- Corn on the Cob (70 calories, 0g fat, 2g protein, 2g fiber, 17g carbs)
Remember that fast food should be enjoyed in moderation as it is often higher in sodium and saturated fat. However, with some mindful ordering, it is possible to enjoy fast food without derailing your healthy eating goals.
Taco Bell is a go-to fast food spot for many, but it can be hard to find macro-friendly options on their menu. Fear not, because there are a few items that can fit into your daily calorie and macro goals. Here are some of the most macro-friendly options at Taco Bell:
- Chicken Soft Taco: 160 calories, 5g fat, 16g carbs, 12g protein
- Crunchy Taco: 170 calories, 10g fat, 13g carbs, 8g protein
- Power Menu Bowl – Chicken: 460 calories, 21g fat, 41g carbs, 26g protein
- Grilled Steak Soft Taco: 180 calories, 5g fat, 18g carbs, 19g protein
While Taco Bell isn’t known for being the healthiest fast food option, these choices can fit into a balanced diet as long as you keep track of your intake. Remember to watch out for added sauces and toppings that can increase the calorie count of your meal.
Fast food doesn’t have to be entirely off-limits when it comes to trying to hit your macro goals. While some fast food options may not be the most macro-friendly, there are still options out there that you can choose from.
By paying attention to the serving sizes and nutritional information, you can make smarter choices that will help you stay within your macro goals while still being able to indulge in some fast food.
It’s important to remember that moderation is key, and while fast food can be a convenient option, it’s still important to prioritize whole, nutrient-dense foods in your diet.