Introducing our Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers – a great macro-friendly way to jazz up your mealtimes with something nutritious, and delicious! Fresh nutrient-rich green bell peppers filled with sliced beef roast for protein, mushrooms, onions, and a light cheese sauce, this is a super easy lunch to put together with maximum taste. Find more recipes like this in our cookbook!
Want to see more macro-friendly recipes like these? Sign up below and we’ll send you our FREE cookbook!
Recipe for Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- High Protein
- 56g sliced beef roast (this is best with actual beef roast instead of deli sliced roast beef)
- 1 large green bell pepper (about 150g when deseeded)
- 10g diced onion
- 25g mushrooms
- 2 slices provolone
- 1/2 tbsp (7g) light butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Slice pepper in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds. Bake the peppers while you complete the next steps.
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion and mushrooms (you can add a splash of broth to the pan for some flavor and moisture).
- Slice the beef into thin strips and add to the skillet to brown.
- Cut 1 slice of the cheese into pieces and line each pepper half, then stuff with the meat and onion/ mushroom mix.
- Bake for ~ 20 mins.
- Melt together the rest of the cheese and butter, pour it over the meat before serving.