Introducing our take on the gooey chocolate chip cookie with our Protein Pizookie for a delicious, healthier dessert alternative! This recipe is so simple to make using just four core ingredients of protein-rich whey, fluffy egg whites, naturally sweet pumpkin puree, and baking soda. Decorate with a variety of toppings such as chocolate chips, creamy Greek yogurt frosting or nutritious nut butter and you have yourself the perfect sweet treat! Discover more recipes like this in our cookbook!
Want to see more macro-friendly recipes like these? Sign up below and we’ll send you our FREE cookbook!
Recipe for High Protein Pizookie
- Low Fat
- Low Carb
- High Protein
- 1 scoop whey (25g)
- 1 egg white (46g)
- 3 tbsp (45g) pumpkin puree or unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a small 6” cake pan or single serving cast iron skillet.
- Mix all ingredients and bake for ~ 15 mins or until set.
- OR – In a large microwave safe bowl, cook for ~ 1:30, then for 30 secs at a time JUST until set. Cook time varies greatly by microwave wattage. You don’t want to overcook it as it will dry out, so if it’s still gooey in spots you can let it sit to firm up a bit as it cools.
*Don’t do this in a mug unless you are halving the recipe! (Baking in the oven gives a better texture).
Topping Ideas (calories not included):
- Chocolate chips, crushed cereal, cookies
- Nut butter, whipped cream, ice cream
- Chocolate syrup
- Greek yogurt frosting